Obstetrics » Ultrasound Services
Our state-of-the-art ultrasound unit offers the following obstetrical procedures:
- first trimester screeing for Down's syndrome ("nuchal transluscency")
- anatomic survey of the fetus
- assessment of fetal growth and well being (Non-stress test, biophysical profile, doppler studies)
- Maternal Fetal medicine consultation
- Genetic counseling
- Pediatric subspecialty consultation, if needed (fetal echocardiogram, urology, surgery, etc)
Gynecologic procedures offered include:
- ultrasound evaluation of the uterus and ovaries
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists use ultrasound services during the pregnancy to diagnose fetal abnormalities. If you believe that your family history puts your child at risk for fetal abnormalities, we also have genetic counselors available on site for genetic counseling and testing.
Even if you are not planning to deliver your baby at Beth Israel, you are welcome to utilize our ultrasound services.
Click here to make an appointment.